- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of weakening word
- noun weakening Present participle of weaken. 1
- noun weakening loss of physical strength 0
- noun weakening reduction in value 0
- noun weakening lessening 0
- adjective weakening causing weakness 0
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Weakening
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 83% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
This word is included in each student's vocabulary. Most likely there is at least one movie with this word in the title.
weakening usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for weakening
- flagging — becoming smaller or weaker; dwindling.
- fading — to lose brightness or vividness of color.
- waning — to decrease in strength, intensity, etc.: Daylight waned, and night came on. Her enthusiasm for the cause is waning.
- failing — Slang. an embarrassing or humorous mistake, humiliating situation, etc., that is subject to ridicule and given an exaggerated importance: Their app update is a massive fail. the condition or quality resulting from having failed in this way: His online post is full of fail. a person who fails in this way.
- abating — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- deterioration — the act or process of deteriorating.
- decline — If something declines, it becomes less in quantity, importance, or strength.
- damage — To damage an object means to break it, spoil it physically, or stop it from working properly.
- destabilization — to make unstable; rid of stabilizing attributes: conflicts that tend to destabilize world peace.
- destabilisation — Alternative spelling of destabilization.
Antonyms for weakening
- strengthening — to make stronger; give strength to.
Top questions with weakening
- why is dollar weakening?
- why is the dollar weakening?
- why is rupee weakening against dollar?
- what is field weakening?
- what problems resulted from weakening the bank?
- Words starting with w
- Words starting with we
- Words starting with wea
- Words starting with weak
- Words starting with weake
- Words starting with weaken
- Words starting with weakeni
- Words starting with weakenin
- Words starting with weakening
- Words containing the letters w
- Words containing the letters w,e
- Words containing the letters w,e,a
- Words containing the letters w,e,a,k
- Words containing the letters w,e,a,k,n
- Words containing the letters w,e,a,k,n,i
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?