- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of neighbourhood word
- noun neighbourhood Standard spelling of neighborhood. 1
- countable noun neighbourhood A neighbourhood is one of the parts of a town where people live. 0
- countable noun neighbourhood The neighbourhood of a place or person is the area or the people around them. 0
- noun neighbourhood the immediate environment; surroundings; vicinity 0
- noun neighbourhood a district where people live 0
- noun neighbourhood the people in a particular area; neighbours 0
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Neighbourhood
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 83% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
Synonyms for neighbourhood
- area — An area is a particular part of a town, a country, a region, or the world.
- district — a division of territory, as of a country, state, or county, marked off for administrative, electoral, or other purposes.
- region — an extensive, continuous part of a surface, space, or body: a region of the earth.
- locality — a place, spot, or district, with or without reference to things or persons in it or to occurrences there: They moved to another locality.
- zone — any continuous area that differs in some respect, or is distinguished for some purpose, from adjoining areas, or within which certain distinctive circumstances exist or are established: The decisions were formulated in a zone of uncertainty. The temperature lies outside the danger zone.
Antonyms for neighbourhood
- whole — comprising the full quantity, amount, extent, number, etc., without diminution or exception; entire, full, or total: He ate the whole pie. They ran the whole distance.
- distance — the extent or amount of space between two things, points, lines, etc.
- remoteness — far apart; far distant in space; situated at some distance away: the remote jungles of Brazil.
Top questions with neighbourhood
- how the neighbourhood?
- how the neighbourhood lyrics?
- how lyrics the neighbourhood?
- the neighbourhood how?
- the neighbourhood how lyrics?
- what genre is the neighbourhood?
- how to set up a neighbourhood watch?
- what is the meaning of neighbourhood?
- what is your neighbourhood like?
- what does the neighbourhood logo mean?
- how by the neighbourhood?
- how to keep our neighbourhood clean?
- how by the neighbourhood lyrics?
- how does neighbourhood watch work?
- how neighbourhood lyrics?
- Words starting with n
- Words starting with ne
- Words starting with nei
- Words starting with neig
- Words starting with neigh
- Words starting with neighb
- Words starting with neighbo
- Words starting with neighbou
- Words starting with neighbour
- Words starting with neighbourh
- Words starting with neighbourho
- Words starting with neighbourhoo
- Words starting with neighbourhood
- Words containing the letters n
- Words containing the letters n,e
- Words containing the letters n,e,i
- Words containing the letters n,e,i,g
- Words containing the letters n,e,i,g,h
- Words containing the letters n,e,i,g,h,b
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?