- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of mule word
- noun mule a lounging slipper that covers the toes and instep or only the instep. 1
- noun mule a woman's shoe resembling this. 1
- noun mule The offspring of a donkey and a horse (strictly, a male donkey and a female horse), typically sterile and used as a beast of burden. 1
- noun mule animal: horse-donkey hybrid 1
- noun mule person transporting drugs 1
- noun mule stubborn person 1
Information block about the term
Origin of mule
First appearance:before 1000
One of the 6% oldest English words
before 1000; Middle English < Old French < Latin mūla mule (feminine); replacing Old English mūl < Latin mūlus (masculine)
Parts of speech for Mule
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 95% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
mule usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for mule
- horse — a large, solid-hoofed, herbivorous quadruped, Equus caballus, domesticated since prehistoric times, bred in a number of varieties, and used for carrying or pulling loads, for riding, and for racing.
- burro — a donkey, esp one used as a pack animal
- ass — An ass is an animal which is related to a horse but which is smaller and has long ears.
- pony — a small horse of any of several breeds, usually not higher at the shoulder than 14½ hands (58 in./146 cm).
- jackass — a male donkey.
- impulsive — actuated or swayed by emotional or involuntary impulses: an impulsive child.
- bullheaded — blindly stubborn; headstrong
- contrary — Ideas, attitudes, or reactions that are contrary to each other are completely different from each other.
- determined — of unwavering mind; resolute; firm
- foolhardy — recklessly or thoughtlessly bold; foolishly rash or venturesome.
Antonyms for mule
- separation — an act or instance of separating or the state of being separated.
- division — the act or process of dividing; state of being divided.
- singularity — the state, fact, or quality of being singular.
- homogeneous — composed of parts or elements that are all of the same kind; not heterogeneous: a homogeneous population.
- pedigreed — having established purebred ancestry: a pedigreed collie.
- docile — easily managed or handled; tractable: a docile horse.
- obedient — obeying or willing to obey; complying with or submissive to authority: an obedient son.
- submissive — inclined or ready to submit or yield to the authority of another; unresistingly or humbly obedient: submissive servants.
- tolerant — inclined or disposed to tolerate; showing tolerance; forbearing: tolerant of errors.
- calm — A calm person does not show or feel any worry, anger, or excitement.
Top questions with mule
- how to make a moscow mule?
- what is a mule?
- what is a moscow mule?
- what is in a moscow mule?
- how to make moscow mule?
- how do you make a moscow mule?
- what does mule kick do?
- what is mule kick?
- how many calories are in a moscow mule?
- what makes a mule?
- how to tame a mule in minecraft?
- which of these were combined to make the spinning mule?
- what kind of ginger beer for moscow mule?
- when do mule deer shed their antlers?
- how to make a kentucky mule?
- Words containing the letters m
- Words containing the letters m,u
- Words containing the letters m,u,l
- Words containing the letters m,u,l,e