- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of filth word
- noun filth offensive or disgusting dirt or refuse; foul matter: the filth dumped into our rivers. 1
- noun filth foul condition: to live in filth. 1
- noun filth moral impurity, corruption, or obscenity. 1
- noun filth vulgar or obscene language or thought. 1
- noun filth Disgusting dirt. 1
- noun filth dirtiness 1
Information block about the term
Origin of filth
First appearance:before 1000
One of the 6% oldest English words
before 1000; Middle English; Old English fȳlth. See foul, -th1
Parts of speech for Filth
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 89% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
filth usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for filth
- smut — a particle of soot; sooty matter.
- grime — dirt, soot, or other filthy matter, especially adhering to or embedded in a surface.
- slime — thin, glutinous mud.
- garbage — discarded animal and vegetable matter, as from a kitchen; refuse.
- putrefaction — the act or process of putrefying; the anaerobic decomposition of organic matter by bacteria and fungi that results in obnoxiously odorous products; rotting.
- grunge — dirt; filth; rubbish.
Antonyms for filth
- assets — the property and claims against debtors that a business enterprise may apply to discharge its liabilities. Assets may be fixed, current, liquid, or intangible and are shown balanced against liabilities
- purification — to make pure; free from anything that debases, pollutes, adulterates, or contaminates: to purify metals.
- cleanliness — Cleanliness is the degree to which people keep themselves and their surroundings clean.
- sterility — free from living germs or microorganisms; aseptic: sterile surgical instruments.
- purity — the condition or quality of being pure; freedom from anything that debases, contaminates, pollutes, etc.: the purity of drinking water.
Top questions with filth
- how to get rid of filth flies?
- how to scream like dani filth?
- why do people live in filth?
- what is filth?
- where was filth filmed?
- what does read for filth mean?
- what is the film filth about?
- people who live in filth?
- how old is dani filth?
- what is the meaning of filth?
- Words starting with f
- Words starting with fi
- Words starting with fil
- Words starting with filt
- Words starting with filth
- Words containing the letters f
- Words containing the letters f,i
- Words containing the letters f,i,l
- Words containing the letters f,i,l,t
- Words containing the letters f,i,l,t,h