- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of faze word
- verb with object faze to cause to be disturbed or disconcerted; daunt: The worst insults cannot faze him. 1
- noun faze Disturb or disconcert (someone). 1
- transitive verb faze bother, daunt 1
- verb faze If something fazes you, it surprises, shocks, or frightens you, so that you do not know what to do. 0
- verb faze to disconcert; worry; disturb 0
- verb transitive faze to disturb; disconcert 0
Information block about the term
Origin of faze
First appearance:before 1820
One of the 38% newest English words
1820-30, Americanism; dial. form of feeze
Parts of speech for Faze
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 70% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
faze usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for faze
- annoy — If someone or something annoys you, it makes you fairly angry and impatient.
- dismay — to break down the courage of completely, as by sudden danger or trouble; dishearten thoroughly; daunt: The surprise attack dismayed the enemy.
- mystify — to perplex (a person) by playing upon the person's credulity; bewilder purposely.
- dumbfound — to make speechless with amazement; astonish.
- confuse — If you confuse two things, you get them mixed up, so that you think one of them is the other one.
Antonyms for faze
- aid — Aid is money, equipment, or services that are provided for people, countries, or organizations who need them but cannot provide them for themselves.
- soothe — to tranquilize or calm, as a person or the feelings; relieve, comfort, or refresh: soothing someone's anger; to soothe someone with a hot drink.
- delight — Delight is a feeling of very great pleasure.
- assist — If you assist someone, you help them to do a job or task by doing part of the work for them.
- please — (used as a polite addition to requests, commands, etc.) if you would be so obliging; kindly: Please come here. Will you please turn the radio off?
Top questions with faze
- how to join faze?
- who is the leader of faze?
- how old is faze rug?
- what is faze?
- what is faze clan?
- how to draw faze logo?
- where is faze rain from?
- who started faze?
- who created faze?
- what does faze mean?
- how to make a faze emblem?
- how many faze members are there?
- who created faze clan?
- where does faze rain live?
- how to join faze clan?
- Words containing the letters f
- Words containing the letters f,a
- Words containing the letters f,a,z
- Words containing the letters f,a,z,e