- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of favourable word
- noun favourable Pleasing, encouraging or approving. 1
- adjective favourable If your opinion or your reaction is favourable to something, you agree with it and approve of it. 0
- adjective favourable If something makes a favourable impression on you or is favourable to you, you like it and approve of it. 0
- adjective favourable Favourable conditions make something more likely to succeed or seem more attractive. 0
- adjective favourable If you make a favourable comparison between two things, you say that the first is better than or as good as the second. 0
- adjective favourable advantageous, encouraging, or promising 0
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Favourable
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 93% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
According to our data about 58% of words is more used. This is a rare but used term. It occurs in the pages of specialized literature and in the speech of educated people.
favourable usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for favourable
- approving — An approving reaction or remark shows support for something, or satisfaction with it.
- positive — explicitly stated, stipulated, or expressed: a positive acceptance of the agreement.
- constructive — A constructive discussion, comment, or approach is useful and helpful rather than negative and unhelpful.
- good — Graph-Oriented Object Database
- sympathetic — characterized by, proceeding from, exhibiting, or feeling sympathy; sympathizing; compassionate: a sympathetic listener.
Antonyms for favourable
- negative — expressing or containing negation or denial: a negative response to the question.
- inauspicious — not auspicious; boding ill; ill-omened; unfavorable.
- unfavourable — Unfavourable conditions or circumstances cause problems for you and reduce your chances of success.
- disadvantageous — characterized by or involving disadvantage; unfavorable; detrimental.
- disagreeable — contrary to one's taste or liking; unpleasant; offensive; repugnant.
Top questions with favourable
- what is favourable balance of payment?
- what is favourable variance?
- what is favourable?
- what is the meaning of favourable?
- what does favourable mean?
- Words starting with f
- Words starting with fa
- Words starting with fav
- Words starting with favo
- Words starting with favou
- Words starting with favour
- Words starting with favoura
- Words starting with favourab
- Words starting with favourabl
- Words starting with favourable
- Words containing the letters f
- Words containing the letters f,a
- Words containing the letters f,a,v
- Words containing the letters f,a,v,o
- Words containing the letters f,a,v,o,u
- Words containing the letters f,a,v,o,u,r
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?