- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of fatigued word
- adjective fatigued of or relating to fatigues or any clothing made to resemble them: The guerrilla band wore fatigue pants and field jackets. She brought fatigue shorts to wear on the hike. 1
- noun fatigued weariness from bodily or mental exertion. 1
- noun fatigued a cause of weariness; slow ordeal; exertion: the fatigue of driving for many hours. 1
- noun fatigued Physiology. temporary diminution of the irritability or functioning of organs, tissues, or cells after excessive exertion or stimulation. 1
- noun fatigued Civil Engineering. the weakening or breakdown of material subjected to stress, especially a repeated series of stresses. 1
- noun fatigued Also called fatigue duty. Military. labor of a generally nonmilitary kind done by soldiers, such as cleaning up an area, digging drainage ditches, or raking leaves. the state of being engaged in such labor: on fatigue. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of fatigued
First appearance:before 1785
One of the 44% newest English words
First recorded in 1785-95; fatigue + -ed2
Parts of speech for Fatigued
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 70% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
This word is included in each student's vocabulary. Most likely there is at least one movie with this word in the title.
fatigued usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for fatigued
- listless — having or showing little or no interest in anything; languid; spiritless; indifferent: a listless mood; a listless handshake.
- weary — physically or mentally exhausted by hard work, exertion, strain, etc.; fatigued; tired: weary eyes; a weary brain.
- prostrate — to cast (oneself) face down on the ground in humility, submission, or adoration.
- beat — If you beat someone or something, you hit them very hard.
- jaded — dulled or satiated by overindulgence: a jaded appetite.
- exhausted — Drained of one's physical or mental resources; very tired.
- tired — having a tire or tires.
- drained — to withdraw or draw off (a liquid) gradually; remove slowly or by degrees, as by filtration: to drain oil from a crankcase.
- wiped out — completely exhausted.
- done for — past participle of do1 .
Antonyms for fatigued
- lively — eventful, stirring, or exciting: The opposition gave us a lively time.
- alert — If you are alert, you are paying full attention to things around you and are able to deal with anything that might happen.
- vivacious — lively; animated; spirited: a vivacious folk dance.
- fresh — newly made or obtained: fresh footprints.
- unused — not used; not put to use: an unused room.
Top questions with fatigued
- why am i so fatigued?
- why do i feel fatigued?
- what does fatigued mean?
- why am i fatigued?
- why do i feel so fatigued?
- Words starting with f
- Words starting with fa
- Words starting with fat
- Words starting with fati
- Words starting with fatig
- Words starting with fatigu
- Words starting with fatigue
- Words starting with fatigued
- Words containing the letters f
- Words containing the letters f,a
- Words containing the letters f,a,t
- Words containing the letters f,a,t,i
- Words containing the letters f,a,t,i,g
- Words containing the letters f,a,t,i,g,u