- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of farmland word
- noun farmland land under cultivation or capable of being cultivated: to protect valuable farmland from erosion. 1
- noun farmland Land used for farming. 1
- noun farmland cultivated land 1
- uncountable noun farmland Farmland is land which is farmed, or which is suitable for farming. 0
- noun farmland land used or suitable for farming 0
- noun farmland land used or suitable for use in farming 0
Information block about the term
Origin of farmland
First appearance:before 1630
One of the 42% oldest English words
First recorded in 1630-40; farm + land
Parts of speech for Farmland
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 82% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
farmland usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for farmland
- province — an administrative division or unit of a country.
- woods — the hard, fibrous substance composing most of the stem and branches of a tree or shrub, and lying beneath the bark; the xylem.
- boondocks — If you say that someone lives in the boondocks, you mean that they live a long way from any large cities.
- wilderness — a wooded area in NE Virginia: several battles fought here in 1864 between armies of Grant and Lee.
- countryside — The countryside is land which is away from towns and cities.
Antonyms for farmland
- city — The City is the part of London where many important financial institutions have their main offices. People often refer to these financial institutions as the City.
- metropolis — any large, busy city.
- urbanity — the quality of being urbane; refined courtesy or politeness; suavity: He was the last word in urbanity.
- sky — the region of the clouds or the upper air; the upper atmosphere of the earth: airplanes in the sky; cloudy skies.
- sea — Self Extracting Archive
Top questions with farmland
- in austria hungary who owned most of the farmland?
- how to buy farmland?
- what percentage of the us is farmland?
- how to invest in farmland?
- how to make farmland minecraft?
- how to get farmland?
- minecraft how to make farmland?
- how many acres of farmland in us?
- what state has the most farmland?
- how to rent farmland?
- how much does an acre of farmland cost?
- what happens to farmland during desertification?
- where to buy farmland bacon?
- how many acres of farmland in the us?
- how much of iowa is farmland?
- Words starting with f
- Words starting with fa
- Words starting with far
- Words starting with farm
- Words starting with farml
- Words starting with farmla
- Words starting with farmlan
- Words starting with farmland
- Words containing the letters f
- Words containing the letters f,a
- Words containing the letters f,a,r
- Words containing the letters f,a,r,m
- Words containing the letters f,a,r,m,l
- Words containing the letters f,a,r,m,l,n