- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of failover word
- noun failover A method of protecting computer systems from failure, in which standby equipment automatically takes over when the main system fails. 1
- noun Definition of failover in Technology (systems) Automatically switching to a different, redundant system upon failure or abnormal termination of the currently active system. Failover can be applied to a cluster of servers, to network or storage components or any other set of redundant devices that must provide high availability because down-time would be expensive or inconvenient. It may be implemented in hardware, software or a combination. A "hot standby" is continuously active at the same time as the failed system, using some kind of load balancing to share the work, whereas a "warm standby" is ready to become active at short notice. When the failed system is operational again it may "failback", i.e. become (one of) the active system(s) or it may become a warm standby. 1
- noun failover (Countable Noun) (computing) An automatic switch to a secondary system on failure of the primary system, such as a means for ensuring high availability of some critical resource (such as a computer system), involving a parallel backup system which is kept running at all times so that, upon detected failure of the primary system, processing can be automatically shifted over to the backup. 0
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Failover
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 97% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
This word is included in each student's vocabulary. Most likely there is at least one movie with this word in the title.
failover usage trend in Literature
Top questions with failover
- what is failover?
- what is dns failover?
- how failover cluster works?
- what is sql server failover cluster?
- how to do failover cluster in sql server 2008?
- what is failover testing?
- what does failover mean?
- what is failover cluster?
- how to open failover cluster manager?
- what is failover clustering?
- how to configure failover cluster in windows 2008 r2?
- what is failover clustering in sql server?
- what is a failover cluster?
- how does failover clustering work?
- what is dhcp failover?
- Words starting with f
- Words starting with fa
- Words starting with fai
- Words starting with fail
- Words starting with failo
- Words starting with failov
- Words starting with failove
- Words starting with failover
- Words containing the letters f
- Words containing the letters f,a
- Words containing the letters f,a,i
- Words containing the letters f,a,i,l
- Words containing the letters f,a,i,l,o
- Words containing the letters f,a,i,l,o,v
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?