- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of entry word
- noun entry An act of going or coming in. 1
- noun entry permission to enter 1
- noun entry person: coming in 1
- noun entry in log, record 1
- noun entry sth submitted to a competition 1
- noun entry entrance door 1
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Entry
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 93% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
entry usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for entry
- admission — Admission is permission given to a person to enter a place, or permission given to a country to enter an organization. Admission is also the act of entering a place.
- entrance — An opening, such as a door, passage, or gate, that allows access to a place.
- access — If you have access to a building or other place, you are able or allowed to go into it.
- pass — to move past; go by: to pass another car on the road.
- ticket — a slip, usually of paper or cardboard, serving as evidence that the holder has paid a fare or admission or is entitled to some service, right, or the like: a railroad ticket; a theater ticket.
Antonyms for entry
- fan — an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.
- conclusion — When you come to a conclusion, you decide that something is true after you have thought about it carefully and have considered all the relevant facts.
- spectator — a weekly periodical (1711–12, 1714) issued by Joseph Addison and Richard Steele.
- egress — Go out of or leave (a place).
- refusal — an act or instance of refusing.
Top questions with entry
- what is global entry?
- what is data entry?
- what does entry level mean?
- what is entry level?
- global entry interview what to bring?
- what is a journal entry?
- how do you spell entry?
- which of the following is a barrier to entry?
- which account would normally not require an adjusting entry?
- which of the following is not a barrier to entry?
- what to bring to global entry interview?
- what is an entry?
- how to use global entry?
- what is keyless entry?
- how much does global entry cost?
- Words starting with e
- Words starting with en
- Words starting with ent
- Words starting with entr
- Words starting with entry
- Words containing the letters e
- Words containing the letters e,n
- Words containing the letters e,n,t
- Words containing the letters e,n,t,r
- Words containing the letters e,n,t,r,y
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?