- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of cores word
- noun cores Plural form of core. 1
- noun cores plural of core. 0
- verb cores third-person singular simple present indicative form of core. 0
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Cores
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 91% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
cores usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for cores
- centers — Plural form of center.
- centres — Geometry. the middle point, as the point within a circle or sphere equally distant from all points of the circumference or surface, or the point within a regular polygon equally distant from the vertices.
- hearts — Anatomy. a hollow, pumplike organ of blood circulation, composed mainly of rhythmically contractile smooth muscle, located in the chest between the lungs and slightly to the left and consisting of four chambers: a right atrium that receives blood returning from the body via the superior and inferior vena cavae, a right ventricle that pumps the blood through the pulmonary artery to the lungs for oxygenation, a left atrium that receives the oxygenated blood via the pulmonary veins and passes it through the mitral valve, and a left ventricle that pumps the oxygenated blood, via the aorta, throughout the body.
- nuclei — plural of nucleus.
- interiors — being within; inside of anything; internal; inner; further toward a center: the interior rooms of a house.
- fundamentals — serving as, or being an essential part of, a foundation or basis; basic; underlying: fundamental principles; the fundamental structure.
- mains — a river in central and W Germany, flowing W from the Bohemian Forest in N Bavaria into the Rhine at Mainz. 305 miles (490 km) long.
- primaries — first or highest in rank or importance; chief; principal: his primary goals in life.
Antonyms for cores
- causes — a person or thing that acts, happens, or exists in such a way that some specific thing happens as a result; the producer of an effect: You have been the cause of much anxiety. What was the cause of the accident?
- sources — any thing or place from which something comes, arises, or is obtained; origin: Which foods are sources of calcium?
- peripherals — pertaining to, situated in, or constituting the periphery: peripheral resistance on the outskirts of the battle area.
Top questions with cores
- how many cores do i have?
- what is cuda cores?
- Words starting with c
- Words starting with co
- Words starting with cor
- Words starting with core
- Words starting with cores
- Words containing the letters c
- Words containing the letters c,o
- Words containing the letters c,o,r
- Words containing the letters c,o,r,e
- Words containing the letters c,o,r,e,s
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?