- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of choices word
- noun choices an act or instance of choosing; selection: Her choice of a computer was made after months of research. His parents were not happy with his choice of friends. 1
- noun choices the right, power, or opportunity to choose; option: The child had no choice about going to school. 1
- noun choices the person or thing chosen or eligible to be chosen: This book is my choice. He is one of many choices for the award. 1
- noun choices an alternative: There is another choice. 1
- noun choices an abundance or variety from which to choose: a wide choice of candidates. 1
- noun choices something that is preferred or preferable to others; the best part of something: Mare's Nest is the choice in the sixth race. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of choices
First appearance:before 1250
One of the 11% oldest English words
1250-1300; Middle English chois < Old French, derivative of choisir to perceive, choose < Germanic; see choose
Parts of speech for Choices
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 98% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
choices usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for choices
- adoptions — Plural form of adoption.
- alternatives — a choice limited to one of two or more possibilities, as of things, propositions, or courses of action, the selection of which precludes any other possibility: You have the alternative of riding or walking.
- favorites — a person or thing regarded with special favor or preference: That song is an old favorite of mine.
- findings — the act of a person or thing that finds; discovery.
- varieties — the state of being varied or diversified: to give variety to a diet.
- assigns — Plural form of assign.
Antonyms for choices
- commons — people not of noble birth viewed as forming a political order
Top questions with choices
- what are the number choices for powerball?
- which of the following investment choices is least risky?
- Words starting with c
- Words starting with ch
- Words starting with cho
- Words starting with choi
- Words starting with choic
- Words starting with choice
- Words starting with choices
- Words containing the letters c
- Words containing the letters c,h
- Words containing the letters c,h,o
- Words containing the letters c,h,o,i
- Words containing the letters c,h,o,i,e
- Words containing the letters c,h,o,i,e,s
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?