- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of chock word
- noun chock a block or wedge of wood used to prevent the sliding or rolling of a heavy object 3
- noun chock a fairlead consisting of a ringlike device with an opening at the top through which a rope is placed 3
- noun chock a cradle-like support for a boat, barrel, etc 3
- verb chock to cram full 3
- verb chock to fit with or secure by a chock 3
- verb chock to support (a boat, barrel, etc) on chocks 3
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Chock
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 80% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
This word is included in each student's vocabulary. Most likely there is at least one movie with this word in the title.
chock usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for chock
- load — anything put in or on something for conveyance or transportation; freight; cargo: The truck carried a load of watermelons.
- wedge — a piece of hard material with two principal faces meeting in a sharply acute angle, for raising, holding, or splitting objects by applying a pounding or driving force, as from a hammer. Compare machine (def 3b).
- shove — to move along by force from behind; push.
- crowd — A crowd is a large group of people who have gathered together, for example to watch or listen to something interesting, or to protest about something.
- ram — random-access memory; computer memory available to the user for creating, loading, or running programs and for the temporary storage and manipulation of data, in which time of access to each item is independent of the storage sequence. As a storage medium, RAM is volatile, so its contents are lost when the power fails or is turned off.
- crowded — If a place is crowded, it is full of people.
- jammed — to press, squeeze, or wedge tightly between bodies or surfaces, so that motion or extrication is made difficult or impossible: The ship was jammed between two rocks.
- overflowing — to flow or run over, as rivers or water: After the thaw, the river overflows and causes great damage.
- stuffed — the material of which anything is made: a hard, crystalline stuff.
- wrapped — to enclose in something wound or folded about (often followed by up): She wrapped her head in a scarf.
Antonyms for chock
- surrender — to yield (something) to the possession or power of another; deliver up possession of on demand or under duress: to surrender the fort to the enemy; to surrender the stolen goods to the police.
- release — to lease again.
- diet — the legislative body of certain countries, as Japan.
- fast — moving or able to move, operate, function, or take effect quickly; quick; swift; rapid: a fast horse; a fast pain reliever; a fast thinker.
- abstain — If you abstain from something, usually something you want to do, you deliberately do not do it.
- deserted — abandoned; forsaken: the problems of deserted wives and children.
- uncrowded — filled to excess; packed.
- clear — Something that is clear is easy to understand, see, or hear.
- uncongested — to fill to excess; overcrowd or overburden; clog: The subway entrance was so congested that no one could move.
- whole — comprising the full quantity, amount, extent, number, etc., without diminution or exception; entire, full, or total: He ate the whole pie. They ran the whole distance.
Top questions with chock
- what does chock mean?
- where can i buy chock full o nuts coffee?
- what does chock full mean?
- where does chock full come from?
- what is the meaning of chock?
- what is chock?
- what is a chock?
- what is chock full o nuts?
- how do you spell chock?
- what is a wheel chock?
- how to chock wheels?
- how to make a motorcycle wheel chock?
- how to make chock?
- why is it called chock full o nuts?
- what does chock the tires mean?
- Words starting with c
- Words starting with ch
- Words starting with cho
- Words starting with choc
- Words starting with chock
- Words containing the letters c
- Words containing the letters c,h
- Words containing the letters c,h,o
- Words containing the letters c,h,o,k
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?