- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of boldness word
- adjective boldness not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual or possible danger or rebuff; courageous and daring: a bold hero. 1
- adjective boldness not hesitating to break the rules of propriety; forward; impudent: He apologized for being so bold as to speak to the emperor. 1
- adjective boldness necessitating courage and daring; challenging: a bold adventure. 1
- adjective boldness beyond the usual limits of conventional thought or action; imaginative: Einstein was a bold mathematician. a difficult problem needing a bold answer. 1
- adjective boldness striking or conspicuous to the eye; flashy; showy: a bold pattern. 1
- adjective boldness steep; abrupt: a bold promontory. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of boldness
First appearance:before 1000
One of the 6% oldest English words
before 1000; Middle English bald, bold, Old English b(e)ald; cognate with Old Saxon, Old High German bald, Dutch boud bold, Old Norse ballr dire < Germanic *bál-tha-z; akin to Welsh balch proud, Irish balc strong < *bal-ko-
Parts of speech for Boldness
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 96% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
This word is included in each student's vocabulary. Most likely there is at least one movie with this word in the title.
boldness usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for boldness
- fearlessness — without fear; bold or brave; intrepid.
- daring — People who are daring are willing to do or say things which are new or which might shock or anger other people.
- recklessness — utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless (usually followed by of): to be reckless of danger.
- courage — Courage is the quality shown by someone who decides to do something difficult or dangerous, even though they may be afraid.
- determination — Determination is the quality that you show when you have decided to do something and you will not let anything stop you.
Antonyms for boldness
Top questions with boldness
- what does boldness mean?
- what does the bible say about boldness?
- what is boldness?
- how to get boldness?
- what does boldness mean in the bible?
- what is the meaning of boldness?
- Words starting with b
- Words starting with bo
- Words starting with bol
- Words starting with bold
- Words starting with boldn
- Words starting with boldne
- Words starting with boldnes
- Words starting with boldness
- Words containing the letters b
- Words containing the letters b,o
- Words containing the letters b,o,l
- Words containing the letters b,o,l,d
- Words containing the letters b,o,l,d,n
- Words containing the letters b,o,l,d,n,e